Garbage files take multiple forms and shapes. They also have many sizes (some are tiny files while others may run into gigabytes) and are spread across several Mac folders.
As a result, manually locating and removing these unwanted disk-consuming files can be exhausting and futile.
The Mac cleaning app is the perfect solution whether you want to clean up your Mac, boost performance, optimize memory, maintain data, clean malware viruses, remove junk files, or uninstall apps safely and secularly.
In 2021 cleaning your Mac will be easier than ever, which is why millions of people download free and low-cost Mac cleaning software.
Here are the four best mac cleaner software and optimization apps to clean your Mac and optimize them for better and fast performance.
best free Mac cleaning software to Optimize your Mac
Gemini – Smart Duplicate file finder for Mac
Gemini is a Smart duplicate file finder for Mac. Search all your duplicate files and remove them safely from your Mac. It scans the entire disk very fast, no matter how large.
Then examine the scan results and smartly select files to delete. The algorithm of Gemini learns what you erase and want to keep.
It’s like an assistant you are training. It moves duplicate files to the Trash and lets you bring them back with a click.
CleanMyMac X – Mac cleaner app
CleanMyMac is a great app to clean, optimize, organize, and protect your Mac from unwanted duplicate files, system junk, broken data, and caches.
In addition, you can use it to manage storage apps and monitor the health of your computer. It also offers personalized cleanup tips based on how you use your Mac.
- Free Up Space – Recognize the large and old files, system junk, broken data, and caches spread across all folders and safely remove them.
- Protect your Mac against the latest viruses, malware, spyware, and adware.
- Monitor your Mac’s health with real-time battery data, network speed, and processor load.
- Get personalized Mac cleanup tips.
Wi-fi Explorer – Wireless Network Scanner tool for Mac
Wi-fi Explorer is a wireless network scanner tool for Mac that allows users to monitor, validate, and troubleshoot wireless networks.
It automatically identifies the channel conflicts, overlapping, and network configuration issues that may affect your home, office, or enterprise wireless network’s connectivity or performance.
In addition, the software identifies, filter, and organize the scan results by name, physical access point, or vendor to better visualize and troubleshoot networks in any environment.
- Wi-fi explorer is a perfect tool for home and small office networks.
- Simple, Easy to use, intuitive user interface.
- Graphical visualization of the wi-fi settings
- Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80, and 160 MHz channels
- Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/axe networks.
- Save results for later review and analysis.
- Access point name discovery.
- Quick Filtering.
- Customizable colours for easily tracking particular networks
- Full-screen mode and split-view support
iStat Menus – Mac System monitor for Menubar
A system monitoring app works directly from your Mac menubar. The widget has many tools, such as a CPU monitor, GPU, memory, network usage, disk activity, date, time, battery, and more.
In addition, it’s a highly configurable and optimized tool for both macOS’ light and dark menubar modes.
- Highly customizable system manager for Menubar
- Notification based on CPU, network, disk, battery, Weather, and other events
- Easy and quick keyboard access to hotkeys for Open and close menu dropdowns
- Highly customizable and reorderable dropdown menus with the ability to hide sections.
- Editable dropdown graph colours.
- More colours and theme options.
- Bigger and better history graphs with tooltips for timestamps and values
- Automatic fan set switching based on events (Intel only).
- CPU frequency.
- New circular menu bar graphs for CPU, memory, and disks
FAQ about free mac cleaner software
Are Mac cleaners worth it?
Yes, it is worth cleaning your mac computer to remove duplication files.
Which is the best free Mac cleaner?
So much software is available on the web for cleaning your mac files. Here are a few ones:- CleanMyMac X, Disk Drill Clean Up Tool, DaisyDisk, and CCleaner for Mac
Is there any free app for CleanMyMac?
AVG cleaner is one of the best free options for CleanMyMac.