FTP Clients and File manager : 15 useful FTP client, file manager and File sharing tool. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to copy a file from one host to another over a TCP/IP-based network, such as the Internet.
Here 15 useful FTP client, file manager and File sharing tool that allow you to copy a file from one host to another over a TCP/IP-based network, such as the Internet.
FTP is built on a client-server architecture and utilizes separate control and data connections between the client and server.
FTP users may authenticate themselves using a clear-text sign-in protocol but can connect anonymously if the server is configured to allow it.
Here 15 useful file sharing and FTP Client for you.
ABC [ Yet Another Bit torrent Client ]
ABC (Yet another Bit torrent client) for the Bit torrent peer-to-peer file distribution solution.The Bit torrent file sharing Client is based on Bit Tornado which extended from Original Bit torrent Core System , coded by Bram Cohen.
Features of ABC [ Yet Another Bit torrent Client ]
- Download Multiple files in a single window
- Queueing system with priority
- Easy to customize the information ABC displays
- Easily pause, stop, resume, queue and remove operations
- Minimize to taskbar and also system tray.
- provide torrent details
- Supporting global setting such as upload and download limiting
- Supporting local setting for each torrent as well as advanced settings from Bit Tornado
- Bit Tornado’s super-seed mode support
- choose your upload options when download is done [unlimited, timer, share size], number of simultaneous download and also download to the specific folder or always ask for the folder
- Easily add, delete, queue, pause, stop, resume and query current torrent status via Web GUI.
Download : ABC (Yet another Bit torrent client)
CurlFtpFS FTP client
Features of CurlFtpFS
- SSLv3 and TLSv1 support
- Connect through tunneling HTTP proxies
- automatically reconnect to server again, if server time out.
- transform absolute symlinks to point back into the ftp file system
Moroshka File Manager and FTP client
Moroshka is a cross platform File Manager and FTP client with native graphical user interface (GUI) for windows and Mac OS. User can also use Moroshka on Tablet PC because it has Touch screen mode where user can perform file operations using touch screen in the finger-oriented UI mode. – Moroshka
Features of Moroshka file manager
- multi platform
- Unique Brief Mode file listing for Mac OS
- Optimized for Tablet PC
- Extended Search Probabilities in the Integrated Text Viewer
- Create links/soft links
- iPhone/iPod/iPad file system management
- Easy to Open ISO and UDF images as archives
- support for Multi tab layout
- All standard file operations
- Multi threaded file management processing
- WebDAV/FTP/SSH/SMB client
ForkLift 2 – FTP Client for Mac
ForkLift 2 is a most advanced file manager and FTP/SFTP/Amazon S3/WEBDav client for Mac OS. With ForkLift 2, User can easily split and combine large file with the .sfv or .crc standards. – ForkLift 2
Features of ForkLift 2
- Sync Browsing
- Easy to rename list of files instantly with Multi rename features
- Folder synchronization
- Easy to Delete App
- Remote Edit files
- Save your Folder Synchronization settings in a Syncle.
- Full Keyboard control
- FXP Copy
- Droplets and Disklets
- Search, Filter and Select
- Transfer Queue
- List, Column, Icon, Coverflow views
cFTP – Client side FTP
cFTP is a client side file transfer protocol (FTP) written in PHP and use MySQL as database Backend. it allow user to create client accounts with simple front end and then upload your files to that account. share your account with Custom URL. – cFTP
Features of cFTP
- User friendly Design for both users and clients
- User Roles like Administrator. Account Manager, Uploader
- Easy to sort full list of files for both User and Clients
- Template based UI
- 2 Default templates – Default and Gallery
- Logo and Options selection pages
- Multilingual via .po files
OneWay Contextual FTP for Mac
OneWay is a contextual FTP, SFTP, and Amazon S3 uploader for Mac OS that allow you to directly upload files from Finder’s right-click menu. just select your files or folder you want to transfer, right click them and choose where to send them. – OneWay
DesignFTP help you to send large files to your FTP server from your own websites without installing any FTP Client. it’s a platform independent FTP client to transfer your files. – DesignFTP
Ares – file sharing and FTP Client
Ares is a free and open source file sharing and FTP Client that allow users to share any digital file including images, audio, video, software, documents, etc. and publish them through the Ares peer to peer network. User can search and download just about any file shared by other users in Ares Platform.
Features of Ares
- Easy to download files from many user at once.
- library organizer to organize shared files into category, so you can easily sort your files by type, category and change your sharing settings.
- Built-in audio/video player that allow you to preview files while their download is in progress and organize a playlist.
- Support for File sharing chat rooms
- 100% Open source file sharing tool
Download : Ares FTP and file sharing tool
Vuze – Bit torrent file sharing tool
Java based Bit Torrent Client offer you a special features for beginners and advanced users.
Features of Vuze :
- Support for Meta search that offers you the most comprehensive entertainment search experience on the web. By aggregating results from a variety of top sites, Vuze delivers the best torrent search results on the web.
- Once you find content you like, subscriptions enable you to automatically find similar content.
- Vuze has the fastest bit torrent downloads around, and continues to innovate to keep its lead.
- With Vuze Remote, you can now securely control your Vuze client from any computer or smartphone with a web browser.
- Vuze can play virtually any type of video file – AVI, WMV, MPEG, XVID, QuickTime, and more.
- Unleash your hard drive and liberate your content to play back on your iPhone, iPod, iPad, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PSP, and TiVo. Simply drag-and-drop to transfer media from your Vuze library (or anywhere on your desktop) to the device of your choice.
Download : Vuze file sharing client
BT++ – Bit Torrent GUI
BT++ (bee tee plus plus) is an improved client for the Bit Torrent peer-to-peer file distribution solution. It is written, like the official Bit Torrent client, in Python and wx Python for maximum cross-platform compatibility.
Features of BT++
- Support multiple downloads in a single window
- minimize to the system tray
- List style display of downloads and automatic re-starting of interrupted torrents without needing the .torrent link.
- enhanced bandwidth throttling
- better OS/browser integration
Download : BT++ – A new Bit Torrent GUI
AnyClient is a free, platform independent FTP Client that provide support for all major file transfer protocol such as FTP, SFTP, WebDAV/S, Amazon S3 and AFTP (Accelerated File Transfer Protocol). it available for both version such as downloadable and web based FTP client. – AnyClient Free FTP Client
Cyberduck FTP client for Mac
It’s an open source FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs and Amazon S3 browser for the Mac. It features an easy to use interface with quickly accessible bookmarks with support for drag and drop, uploading and downloading, remote file transfer etc..
Features of Cyberduck :
- Support for every type of Server
- Easy to edit any file with your preferred editor
- Distribute your content in the cloud
- Browse Amazon Simple Storage Service like your hard disk. Supporting the latest and greatest additions to the S3 storage options. Define logging options, storage class and geographical location of your content.
- Manage your Google Docs
- Organize your bookmarks with drag and drop and quickly search using the filter field.
- Browse and move your files quickly in the browser with caching enabled for the best performance.
- Limit the number of concurrent transfers and filter files using a regular expression. Resume both interrupted download and uploads. Recursively transfer directories.
- Support for Advanced SSH features
- easy Integration with system technologies.
- Free and open source FTP released Licensed under the GPL.
- Multilingual user interface
Download : Cyberduck
FileZilla is a free and open source FTP, FTPS and SFTP Client that offer many features which you expect from any FTP clients.
Features of FileZilla
- 100% Open source FTP, FTPS and SFTP solution
- multi platform Support
- IPv6 Support
- Easy to resume and transfer large files such as 4 GB file size.
- Tabbed base User Interface
- Drag and Drop Support
- configurable transfer speed limits
- Directory Comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
Download : FileZilla free FTP solution
Cabos is Gnutella file sharing tool based on LimeWire and Acquisition. Cabos provides simple sidebar interface, Mojito DHT support, firewall to firewall transfers, UPnP support, IP2Country support, iTunes integration, “What’s New?” searches and more.
Download : Cabos
Core FTP – Free FTP client software for Windows
Core FTP – free Windows software that includes the client FTP features you need. Features like SFTP (SSH), SSL, TLS, IDN, browser integration, site to site transfers, FTP transfer resume, drag and drop support, file viewing & editing, firewall support, custom commands, FTP URL parsing, command line transfers, filters, and much more.
Download : Core FTP