Redmine is a versatile web-based project management tool written in Ruby on Rails framework.
It can be used in various platforms and support for multiple databases. Redmine is open-source software.
It provides great service as a project manager and takes care of your business. It is gaining steady popularity due to the efficient methodologies it uses.
Being an open-source software it can be downloaded and installed on your computer easily.
Redmine basically allows you to perform a wide array of functions. It is efficient in handling several projects simultaneously.
It exercises a role-based control on who can access the software. It has a multipurpose system for keeping track of all issues.
It maintains a Gantt calendar. It manages news, credentials, and files.
It maintains separate Wikis and forums for each project. It is extremely efficient in maintaining a timeline for every project.
It allows different customization options according to issues, time-based entry, projects, and customers. SCM has been integrated into Redmine technology.
You can create an issue through email. It provides a choice of LDAP authentication maintenance.
Redmine is available in multiple languages and extends over numerous databases. Users need to register themselves to access the software.
You can read a demo available online to learn using the software. You can contribute to the development of Redmine by sending suggestions to the community volunteers.
Features of Redmine
- Multiple project support- Redmine can handle multiple projects at the same time. Using Redmine you can assign different projects to specific users. You can declare a project as public or private and control its visibility.
- Multiple subproject support- You can group correlated projects as subprojects under a major project.
- Flexible role-based access control- You can set roles for every user with only a few clicks of the mouse.
- Flexible issue tracking system- You can set your current status and determine the type of issues. You can maintain the workflow for each category of the issue and through the role-based interface of the administrator.
- Gantt chart and calendar- A timeline and calendar are maintained depending on dates of start, due dates, and time left for each issue and project.
- Time tracking functionality- Redmine keeps track of time at every level- project or ticket. You can generate time-based reports on user, issue class, group, etc..
- There are various customization options. You can determine your own customization categories. Multiple formats are allowed in Redmine.
- You can send messages and share files with other users.
- You can link current repositories to your projects.
- Instant notifications through emails about any changes make your job easier.
- Redmine supports different databases like MySQL, SQLite, and PostgreSQL.
- Redmine is compatible with thirty-four languages.
Redmine is the perfect manager for your business projects. It is a basic software with uncomplicated instructions.
Redmine can increase the rate of workflow movement. It assures you to get your job done in a 100% efficient manner.