Skencil is an open source interactive vector drawing application similar to CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator which completely based on Python.
Skencil is an open source interactive vector drawing application similar to CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator which completely based on Python. it’s a very powerful and flexible vector drawing application for illustrations, diagrams and other purposes.
If you are Adobe Illustrator user, Skencil allow you to open and work with .ai files – Skencil will import them for you. A somewhat unique (for a drawing program) feature of Skencil is that it is implemented almost completely in a very high-level, interpreted language, Python. Python is powerful, object-oriented and yet easy to use.
Features of Skencil
- Rectangles, optionally with rounded corners
- Ellipses (full ellipses, pie slices, arcs and chords)
- Bézier curves (single and multi path)
- Support for External images:
- Raster images: JPEG, PNG
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)
- All objects, including images and text, can be rotated, scaled, sheared
- Export Filters allow Skencil to write the drawing to various file formats. Skencil has filters for its own format and for Adobe Illustrator, PDF and SVG files.