Qt is an free and open source (GPL License) application development and UI framework to create web-enabled desktop, mobile and embedded applications.
Qt is an free and open source (GPL License) application development and UI framework to create web-enabled desktop, mobile and embedded applications. it uses standard C++ programming language and native graphics APIs of each platform to develop cross platform applications but makes extensively use special pre-processor (called the Meta Object Compiler, or moc) to enrich the language.
By using Qt, you can write web-enabled applications once and deploy them across desktop, mobile and embedded operating systems without rewriting the single line of code. It support for all major platforms and has extensive internationalization support. Non-GUI features include SQL database access, XML parsing, thread management, network support, and a unified cross-platform API for file handling. The framework is also used in various programming languages via language bindings.
Features of Qt Framework
- Intuitive C++ class library
- Portability across desktop and embedded operating systems
- Integrated development tools with cross-platform IDE
- High runtime performance and small footprint on embedded applications
- Easy to use and learn
- Produce highly readable, easily maintainable code
- Integrate Audio and Video Across Platforms with Phonon Multimedia Framework
- Powerful 2D Graphics Canvas – Qt Graphics View
- cross-platform multi-threading functionality to simplifies parallel programming
- Advanced 3D Graphics: OpenGL Module
- Support for XML Module
- Reduce Application Testing Time with Unit Testing Framework
- Support for all major databases such as ODBC, MySQL, PSQL, SQLite, ibase, Oracle, Sybase, DB2
- ECMA Standard Scripting Engine: Qt Script Module
- Easy to Build Advanced Graphical User Interfaces with GUI Module
- Blend web and Rich content and services with Qt WebKit
Download : Qt 4.6 application framework