Red5 is an free and Open source Flash media Streaming Server written in Java that support for all types of Streaming Audio/Video
Red5 is an free and Open source Flash media Streaming Server written in Java that support for all types of Streaming Audio/Video ( FLV, MP3, F4V, MP4, AAC, M4A), Recording of user data Streams (FLV only), Shared Objects, Flash Remoting and Live Stream Publishing ( Sorenson, VP6, h.264, Nelly Moser, MP3, Speex, AAC, NSV etc..)
The server is based on reverse engineering of RTMP and AMF protocols and is built with Java. So any database that has a JDBC driver will work.
Features of Red5
- No delay Audio/Video broadcast With latest versions
- AAC live streaming code based on Wittawas Nakkasem’s IceSurf code
- Capable to add IoFilters to RTMPConnection per application
- Added enums for Audio and Video codec types
- Added AVC/h.264 live streaming based on Tiago Jacobs patches
- Strong Community Support
- It not just streaming server, You can build many useful applications( whiteboard, Chat, Poll, Desktop Sharing, …) over Red5, which does things more than just streaming.
- It uses MRTMP to cluster the stream data with Terracotta, now you can do a load balancing with red5.
- It’s open source project, so you can contribute to its development.
Download : http://code.google.com/p/red5/