8 Useful Web development tools for Mac OS X. Apple computers are well know for their simplicity and performance. These are the two main reasons that every web designers and developers to use Macs as their work computer. Finding Useful Mac Apps For Freelance Web Designers was one challenging task.
Apple computers are well know for their simplicity and performance. These are the two main reasons that every web designers and developers to use Macs as their work computer.Finding Useful Mac Apps For Freelance Web Designers was one challenging task and here’s what we managed to collect – 8 Useful Web development tools for Mac OS X.
Textmate is a versatile plain text editor with a unique and innovative feature set which caused it to win an Apple Design Award for Best Mac OS X Developer Tool in August 2006. it support for all major programming languages, writing prose in structured formats such as LaTeX, Markdown, Textile, etc., blogging, running SQL queries, writing screen plays, doing your budget, and much much more.
features of TextMate
- collapsible text blocks — fold away the code you don’t want to see
- Ability to Search and Replace in a Project
- recordable macros — you don’t have to write a script to automate tedious work
- a CSS-inspired selector system which allows preferences and more to be applied to subsets of your
- Clipboard History
- Column Selections and Column Typing
- Auto-Pairing of Brackets and Other Characters
- Auto-Indent for Common Actions Like Pasting Text
- Dynamic Outline for Working With Multiple Files
- Expand Trigger Words to Code Blocks With Tab-able Placeholders
- Themable Syntax Highlight Colors
- Works As External Editor for (s)ftp Programs
BBEdit is a another one fully featured professional HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. it specially designed to give you high-performance features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text. An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit’s best-of-class features, including grep pattern matching, search and replace across multiple files (even unopened files on remote servers), project definition tools, function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages, code folding, FTP and SFTP open and save, AppleScript, Mac OS X Unix scripting support, text and code completion, and of course a complete set of robust HTML tools.
Features of BBEdit :
- Edit in Results Windows and Disk Browsers
- Integration with MobileMe
- Modeless Find/Replace Windows
- Character-level Find Differences
- Save/Copy as Styled Text
- Search Xcode Projects
- Fix/ToDo Tracking
- Improved Autosave
- Preview in MS Windows browsers
Espresso has a unique Navigator that’s best compared to CSSEdit‘s styles list.It shows the hierarchical structure in your documents, no matter how complex. You can even drag around elements to reorganize your code!
Espresso features an immensely powerful rule-based syntax engine, Core Syntax, that transforms your text documents into semantic structure. Elegant syntax highlighting, superior navigation, code folding, smart CodeSense, contextual text snippets, spell check, rich extensibility and raw speed give you state-of-the-art text engine for code artists.
- Elegant syntax highlighting,
- superior navigation,
- code folding,
- smart CodeSense,
- contextual text snippets,
- spell check,
- rich extensibility and
- raw speed: presenting a state-of-the-art text engine for code artists.
Cyberduck is an open source FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files and Amazon S3 browser for the Mac. The program allows you to browse large folder structures efficiently and give you quickly preview files with Quick Look. To edit files, a seamless integration with any external editor application makes it easy to change content quickly. Both Amazon CloudFront and Cloud Files from Rackspace can be easily configured to distribute your content in the cloud.
Transmit 3 is a next-generation FTP (file transfer protocol), SFTP, S3 (Amazon.com file hosting) and iDisk/WebDAV client for Mac OS X which offer clean drag and drop interface, and powerful features set, Transmit makes maintaining files and folders through the Internet as easy as, well, the Mac!
Features of Transmit 3:
- Smart folder support
- Spotlight integration
- Automator actions
- Dashboard widget
- .Mac Sync
- Amazon S3 Support
- Edit any remote file, in any app — even graphics!
- Column View
- Batch Downloading
- 100% Mac OS X-like
- Supercharged Favorites
- Previews with Zooming
- Set permissions on upload, automatically
- Server-to-Server Transfers
Yummy FTP is an FTP and SFTP client application for the Apple Macintosh, built as native Mac OS X software from the ground up, with the goal of providing a reliable, powerful, yet easy to use file transfer utility.
Features of Yummy FTP:
- Remote editing
- Apple Scriptable
- easy to customize
- View all manner of files, both on the server and on your Mac – text files, graphic files, movies, pdfs, mp3s… Yummy FTP handles them with ease, using its own built-in viewers or with Apple’s Quick Look
- Whether you’re updating your website with the latest changes, making an FTP backup of your important data, or just about anything that involves keeping a local and remote copy in sync
- Drag & Drop FTP on your Desktop
- AutoRoute checkbox function
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) and Secure Socket Layer (FTPS), the universal standards for secure file transfer, are both built right into the core of Yummy FTP’s file transfer engine
- Automatically update your web site overnight, every day, make a weekly backup of your data files, or simply delay the download of that huge file you need until nobody is on the network: it’s completely flexible.
- Automate your workflow with FTP Watcher
- multi-threaded, BSD socket powered connection manager purrs at minimal CPU usage
- Double Your Efficiency with Dual Browse.
- Multilanguage supported FTP client
- support for Growl notification system built for Mac OS X
Fetch is a reliable, full-featured file transfer client for the Apple Macintosh whose user interface emphasizes simplicity and ease of use. it Support for FTP, SFTP, and FTP with TLS/SSL (FTPS), the most popular file transfer protocols on the Internet for compatibility with thousands of Internet service providers, web hosting companies, publishers, pre-press companies, and more.
Features of Fetch:
- Support for FTP, SFTP, and FTP with TLS/SSL (FTPS)
- A file list modeled on the familiar Mac OS X Finder
- Droplet shortcuts and a Dashboard widget for easy uploading and tracking the progress of your upload
- Editing any kind of file directly on a server
- Previewing files on the server with Quick Look
- Synchronizing folders using the Mirror command
- WebView — a convenient way to view files in a web browser and copy web addresses
- Automatic resuming of stalled or failed uploads
- Automatic support for Zip, StuffIt, Gzip and other common file formats.
- Bonjour (Rendezvous) support
- Unicode file names
- Automating repetitive tasks with Automator actions and AppleScript recording
- Full compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, and Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger