Simple Groupware is a free/open source web based enterprise class groupware solutions that offer email, calendaring, contacts, tasks, project management, document management with WebDAV
Simple Groupware is a free/open source web based enterprise class groupware solutions that offer email, calendaring, contacts, tasks, project management, document management with WebDAV, synchronization with cell phones and Outlook over SyncML, full-text search and many more. It’s an 100% web based application so no special client applications or plugins are required to use this software.
it written in PHP and uses multiple database backend such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL (pgsql), SQLite to store your data. it also combines common standards like RSS, iCalendar, vCard, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, CIFS, CSV, WebDAV, LDAP, and SyncML under one platform. Unlike other PHP or Java groupware applications, Simple Groupware also contains the programming language sgsML to enable the quick customization and creation of powerful Web applications.
Features of Simple Groupware
- 100% web-based application (no special client applications or plugins required)
- Provide offline support for all modules and files directly inside the browser
- Complete secure communication using SSL encryption
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface
- One centralized platform for managing, controlling and developing business processes
- Autonomy: Simple Groupware is fully driven with open technologies
- All hierarchical organization structures and responsibilities can be represented and managed in the application
- Provide Intelligent knowledge management: e.g. find everything faster using phonetic full text search algorithms and automatic file / content indexing
- Multilanguage support including right-to-left layout
- Support for working in different time zones
- fully supports Unicode characters using UTF-8
- Low hardware requirements: shared-hosting and vServer is ok
- Get notified by E-mail or RSS when entries are created, changed or deleted, get reminders for appointments, tasks, birthdays, etc.
- Content management system with the PmWiki engine and Smarty templates
- Mass edit for any subset of entries
- All information can be easily sorted and filtered by any custom criteria
- Multiple database backend
- Easy installation with a small single-file installer
- Automatic update management for database structures
- Open source project released under the GPLv2 License.
- Modules oriented : Modules can be assigned to every folder in the tree structures and each Modules have Individual permissions (read, write, admin) can be assigned to users and/or groups for every folder.
Download : Simple Groupware