Geeklog is an open source PHP based secure CMS and weblog engine for managing dynamic web content. it is written in PHP and supports Multiple databases backend such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MS SQL.
Geeklog is an open source PHP based secure CMS and weblog engine for managing dynamic web content. it is written in PHP and supports Multiple databases backend such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MS SQL. it also support for comments, trackbacks, multiple syndication formats, spam protection, and all the other vital features of such a system.
The core Geeklog distribution can easily be extended by the many community developed plugins to radically alter its functionality. Available plugins include forums, image galleries, and many more. Geeklog is bona fide open-source software and has been released under the GNU GPLv2 License. Configuring Geeklog is meant to be an easy process though it will require you to have access to several components of your system.
Features of Geeklog
- Create, Schedule, Post and Edit articles in multiple topics
- Easy to save story drafts until they are ready for publishing.
- Control over formatting used in articles (HTML white lists)
- Control over acceptable content (filtering of offensive, abuse language)
- Easy to Embed images or other content in articles
- Support for Multiple Authors
- Submissions from users
- Support for comments, trackbacks and pingbacks
- Export and import in all common syndication formats (RSS/RDF/Atom etc)
- Spam detection and rejection
- Robust calendar feature with support for personalized calendars.
- Support for OpenID and other remote authentication methods.
- Extendible via numerous Open Source plugins.
- Fully support for internationalization and localization
- User friendly Admin Interface
- User-specified theming engine for custom look and feel.
- Robust *nix-like security model for all objects which can be extended for use in plugins
- All passwords are stored encrypted.
- All admin access and errors is logged.
- A fully configurable block system, with PHP-in-block support.
- Thin database abstraction layer allowing Geeklog to be ported to DBMS’s other than the defaults (MySQL and MS SQL supported directly).
Download : Geeklog